Standup Paddle Yoga Retreat and Teacher Training – with Seychelle SUP
Standup Paddle, Yoga, Surfing, Adventure, Bliss
5 days and 4 nights retreat in beautiful Playa Avellana with professional Standup Paddleboarder and Yoga Instructor Seychelle Hattingh 2 retreats in 1! Learn how to teach Yoga on a Standup Paddleboard! Or just come for some relaxation and fun.
Whether you are looking for a beautiful and unique environment to receive your SUP Yoga Certification or are simply interested in a SUP/Yoga/Surf vacation, we,ve got the perfect package for you. All levels are welcome.
Each day will begin with breakfast and a scenic excursion to a different bay or estuary for our morning SUP Yoga session and paddling adventure. Then depending on the day, either a picnic lunch or back to the house before we break for the afternoon.
Enjoy the rest of your day at the beach, surfing, lounging, or any number of other fun activities that are available for you to choose.
if you’re a part of the Teacher Training, join me for an afternoon in SUP Yoga education.
This is an opportunity like no other. Our house, Casa Avellana is our private retreat center like no other. Attractive hardwoods throughout the house, Spanish turquoise tiled pool for you to relax and enjoy, and stunning panoramic views of the natural landscape including an abundance of wild howler monkeys. Enjoy delicious, healthy meals sourced and prepared locally just for you. The beach is 10 minutes walk away. The air and the water temperature are that of summertime year-round. The near-by surf offers waves for all levels of surfers. This is truly an incredible experience and an unforgettable vacation.
Seychelle SUP 25hr SUP YTT includes:
Learn how to teach Yoga on a Standup Paddleboard!
See and experience more than your typical SUP YTT by traveling to a different location for our floating studio each day. Gain knowledge in all types of aquatic settings.
- The basics of SUP – Paddling skills and technique –Learn from a Pro!
- The ins and outs of all equipment used – Boards, paddles, pfds, anchors, accessories, including the use of inflatable and hard constructed boards.
- Learn how to safely and confidently instruct a beginners SUP lesson and take small groups out on the water.
- The basics of SUP Yoga – guiding a SUP Yoga class – sequencing and modifications –
- Creating a floating studio – location, orientation, and how to use different anchoring methods
- Water safety – know local and international regulations, safety equipment required, how to perform water rescues
- Weather – reading weather forecasts, navigational charts and determining local conditions
- All equipment necessary for training including: board rental, paddle, anchor, and pfd 25 hours of CEU’s
- SUP Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- SUP Yoga Instructor Certification from Seychelle SUP
Pre-requisites: Up to date CPR and First Aid required before receiving certification 200 hours YTT or equivalent must have some knowledge of SUP and be a comfortable paddler
More about Seychelle – SUP Pro, SUP Yogi, Adventurer, Ocean Child
I was born and raised in the Florida Keys and have always had a deep connection to the water. I hold a USCG 100 ton Masters license and have lived and sailed around the World as a professional Yachtsman. I moved back to Florida in 2013 to pursue a career in Standup Paddle. I am an internationally competitive SUP racer specializing in long distance and endurance events. I am a RYT200 certified with the Yoga Alliance and in 2013 I began teaching Yoga on standup paddleboards. With my extensive knowledge of the sport of SUP and over 12 years background in Yoga studies, I have developed my own curriculum for teaching safe, efficient, and most of all FUN yoga classes on the water. I also lead group SUP Fitness and Private SUP coaching as well as dynamic Yoga classes and Crossfit style workouts on land and in the studio. My classes on and off the board are a blend of the diverse styles I have practiced and a unique journey to cultivate strength, energy, balance, and bliss within our bodies.
I am passionate about life, fitness, nutrition, love, and being happy. I believe that anything is possible and if you believe it, then it’s true. True success is found in balance. It is the choices that we make every single day to find balance in our lives that create who we are. Body and mind, work and play, diet and lifestyle. Its no wonder my favorite things in life all about cultivating just that.
It is my life’s dream to share this adventure with you.
“Breathe and Smile”
Blessings and Gratitude,
What our surf trips and camps include:
Double occupancy in one of our five bedroom homes with A/C, Wifi, pool and security.
Private 12 passenger van for airport pick ups and drop offs, Guides and 4x4s for surf destinations.
Delicious and nutritious meals from our local organic farms and fresh caught seafood off the boats daily.
- Air-Conditioned accommodations with safe
- Flat panel TV’s & cable
- Swimming Pool with plenty of private patio space to suntan
- Hot Showers
- 24-hour gated community
- Free Wireless Internet
- Airport Pick up/ drop off (Liberia/Tamarindo only)
- Two delicious meals per day, breakfast and dinner
- Non alcoholic drinks
- Passenger van for transportation to and from travel destinations
- Vehicles equipped with drinking water
- Boat Trips – Surf or Fish
- SUP Tours & Rentals
- Surfboard Rentals & Lessons
- Canopy Tour & Zip Lining
- Horseback Riding
- Mountain Bike
- Waterfall Hike
Tony Roberts (Quiksilver, Surfing, ESPN, MTV, etc.) and his team of shooters are available for photo and/or video of your Real Surf Trip. From the action in the water (all surfing levels), to the vibe on the beach and scenery of this spectacular location, we will capture your trip for your cherished memories so you may share the stoke with your friends and family.
Please inquire for scheduling and pricing.