Surfing is a great activity for any age. If you’re a surfer, chances are your kids will want to give it a try, too. It’s never too early to teach them the benefits of what surfing can do for one’s body, mind and spirit.
Surfers enjoy the physical benefits of paddling and surfing, being in the fresh air, as well as the overall health benefits of surfing. Once your child has become a strong swimmer, it would be a good time to introduce them to the joys of surfing. Here are some of the reasons your kids would enjoy surfing.
Health benefits of surfing are something that will last a lifetime.
- Kids can increase their coordination skills and balance.
- The activities of paddling will add to their cardiovascular health.
- Muscles in their back and shoulders will be strengthened, along with their leg and core muscles. Core muscles are important in every facet of our lives.
- Learning to surf will help develop and strengthen all the important muscles in your child’s body, and help them lead a healthier lifestyle.
- Even kids have stressors in their lives. Surfing is a great way to relieve those stressors and tensions in their young lives.
- Spending time outdoors provides us all with clean, fresh air to keep our bodies healthy and happy.
Learning to Love the Outdoors and Family Time
Learning to surf as a child will help teach your kids to love natural environments. They will learn to appreciate the natural beauty of both the water and the surrounding beaches.
Surfing is a good time for family togetherness. Not only are you teaching your kids a fun and health-beneficial sport, your quality time with them will priceless. You’re sure to have fond memories for years to come! Surfing is also a great way to meet new people and make new friends.
In the coming weeks, Real Surf Trips and International Surf Services will be hosting our second annual Global Training Camps for Boys & Girls. We’re so excited to be hosting this great group of young surfers and support them in excelling in sport.