It’s exhilarating to think of all the experiences you’ll have on your Costa Rica surf camp with Real Surf Trips! However, traveling to another country also means that you need to prepare yourself in numerous ways for getting into and out of the country. As such, if you are planning to take a vacation to Costa Rica, you need to get to know more about the requirements and recommendations to ensure you have the best possible trip and that everything goes as smoothly as possible.
- You need a valid passport that does not expire for at least 6 months.
- You will also need proof of when you are going to leave the country again in the form of a return ticket or a departure ticket from Costa Rica to another country
- Make sure you passport is not damaged as it may result in an entry denial
- The maximum amount of time a U.S. citizen can stay in the country as a tourist is 90 days.
- If you are traveling to another country in South America or Sub-Saharan Africa immediately before going to Costa Rica, you will need a yellow fever vaccination to enter the country.
- The $29 departure tax is no longer applicable on most airlines as it’s included as a part of your round trip fare. Check with the airport or your airline though in case there are any questions.
- Bringing your board? Make sure you check with the airline for any restrictions or other requirements.
Implement these tips before you leave and you can rest assured that your arrival in Costa Rica will be smooth sailing.
Real Surf Trips in Costa Rica provides its guests with first class accommodations, one-of-a-kind service and over 20 years of local surf knowledge, guaranteed to give you the Costa Rica Surf Camp you’ve been dreaming of!