In Northwest Dominican Republic, between Caberete and Cofresi, the Amber Coast stretches along the shoreline. Temperatures here are mild due to the warm prevailing winds off the Atlantic Ocean.
Beyond the tranquil beaches, the same winds stir the ocean water, agitating the waves and dashing them against the coral reefs. This creates the ideal condition for a number of wind sports that have become popular here.
Nowhere is this more apparent than Caberete for water sport activity. Here are five reasons you should come check things out for yourself.
- Besides offering a great place to practice watersports, Cabarete is one of the most beautiful places in the world, providing stunning vistas year-round. Cabarete has an exposed reef break for reliable surf. In the winter and spring, windswells and groundswells are balanced and consistent.
- For Surfers, beach breaks near Cabarete provide plenty of peaks robust enough to ride to shore. The coral reef and wind allow just enough variability to make each ride unique. Our local team can help you get to know the area so that you learn the best spots for great surfing whether you’re a beginning, wanting to learn to surf or are more experienced on the waves.
- Windsurfing on Cabarete Bay is an exhilarating way to practice or learn this sport. The wind is steady and just unpredictable enough for an exciting ride. Any time of the year works for a novice learning to windsurf for the first time. If you are at the intermediate or expert level, you will have the most fun in the summer, between June and August.
- Kite surfing at Cabarete promises great conditions suitable for all skill levels. This is a great opportunity to come watch the experts or to share your skills with friends new to the sport. Depending on whether you want freestyle, flat water or wave riding styles, our team will help you decide on which area is best for you. The best times to learn kite surfing are June to August or January to March.
- SUP is great here any time of year. For novices, a nearby beach provides ideal learning conditions with calm waters, while outer reefs provide a challenge for advanced standup paddleboarders.
Real Surf Trips offers guests a once-in-a-lifetime vacation to learn surfing from our experts on one of the best surfing beaches in Costa Rica, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. Come enjoy our fantastic staff, beaches, and luxury accommodations!