Casa Avellana was built in 2010. Enjoy the fresh tropical air as you lounge on our patio and take advantage of the refreshing pool. With panoramic views and year round summertime, you’ll feel immersed in the good life…what we call Pura Vida. Our location is just a short walk to the Playa Avellana and its many incredible surf breaks.
RST Casa Playa Avellana Features:
- Modern tropical
- Indigenous hardwood through out
- Open floor plan
- Open air living : Bi-fold doors opening two walls completely to the outdoors
- Surrounded by stunning natural views of the landscape, including an abundance
of howler monkeys
- Pool with natural rock and turquoise spanish tile
- 11 ft single plank natural shaped hardwood dining table
- Cook top island kitchen
- Granite countertops
- Stainless appliances
- Indigenous hard wood floors and ceilings
- 5 bedrooms
- Custom master bathroom w quartz flooring
- Balcony off of every bedroom
This Location Includes:
- Short walk to the beach
- 2 meals per day, private chef
- Optional transportation packages; shuttles and/or guided services
- All experience levels
Immerse yourself in the Real Costa Rica when you visit our off the beaten path beach community. Playa Avellana is a small town near Tamarindo with consistently good surf breaks. Here you will find the well known Lola’s Restaurant…great for a mid-day recharge and voted one of the best beach bars in the world!
The Beach and Surf
You’ll find multiple breaks at Avellana that are appropriate for different levels of surfing. Two main breaks, just outside of the parking lot at Lola’s have both rights and lefts and are ideal for beginner to mid-level surfers. Swell can get big at times and it then becomes a longboarder’s dream!
Further down the beach, the Avellana Rivermouth is an A-frame peak with long barreling sections on both sides. A short distance beyond that is Little Hawaii, a powerful right that breaks on good south swells. The Las Olas mangrove path will drop you right at the Palo Seco break.